This was supposed to be a note on Facebook, but since I haven’t blogged something so blatantly egoistic in a while and since it’s more likely than not that no one is taking any legal action, I thought it would be nice for me to share it here (maybe boring and uninteresting to you, but you get the point)
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
- I went to a shrink in the last year of high school (TAWJIHI). Not that there was much shrinking, it’s just that the stress seemed to have triggered a major case of OCD and I could hardly study or do anything anymore. He gave me some drugs, not that great if you ask me, perhaps I should’ve been more specific about the type. (I’m all right now, elhamdu lellah, don’t worry I didn’t turn into a psycho serial killer, and I think people should be more open minded about seeking this kind of help)
- I have an imaginary society of my own, not friends, more like acquaintances. You know, I just make them up as I go along. There’s Tubby, my imaginary slave who I occasionally use as a scapegoat, 3afaf, a lady who drives a gold Mercedes, wears an outfit with a leopard print and is married to a very wealthy man who changed his name after his brother tarnished the family name, and there’s Freedaa [rolling eyes], the condescending piece of scum.
- Sometimes I manage to have some control over my dreams. It happened more than one time when I will stop in the middle of the dream and say: Okay I’m not falling for this, it’s a dream. Or when I decide to try and do something in the dream before I sleep and I actually try to do it in the dream after I sleep.
- I have to make a conscious effort not to be carried by illusions. You see, I’m trying to move from illusioned to disillusioned.
- After reading Orwell’s 1984, I avoid talking about my phobias in public
- I have a tendency to embarrass myself
- I think food is art, and I think that people who love food in general and sweet food are usually funny, optimistic and light-hearted
- I’m 157 cm’s tall (or 158, I really don’t know)
- The more I like you and feel comfortable about you, the more I’m likely to be bluntly honest with you and to joke with you more crudely. I think Ruba, Sarah and Sereen can relate to that I guess
- Thankfully, I never hold grudges or stop talking to people or anything like that (so sixth grade by the way), yet I’m constantly paranoid about people who act weird around me, thinking that I might have done something that hurt them or made them upset with me.
- I see the good in people and multiply it by 10 (or 2, to avoid exaggeration). Some may call it naïve but I call it seeing people as you want them to see you.
- When I had my tonsillectomy at the age of 5, my father told me that the doctor will take the tonsils out by making me open my mouth and perform some sort of a magical wiggle with his hand, then the tonsils will come out, no incisions, no nothing. I never questioned that method until I was well into my teen years (maybe 16 or 17 if not more)
- I had my first crush when I was in kindergarten, and it lasted 2 or 3 years. I think it was love
- I love sea food more than any food
- I’m not a drama queen but when I feel like one I avoid taking it out on people. It usually wears away very fast, thankfully
- It’s hard for me to tell a very funny joke because I would start laughing after the first few sentences and by the time I hit the punch line it feels like a damp firecracker
- I’m very inquesitive when it comes to Faith and spirituality, never doubtful, elhamdu lelah, but curious to know. So it’s not just out of routine or habit, it’s a deep held convection.
- I’m not counting, have we reached 25 yet? Anyway I think I used up my quota for self-exposure today so let me just stop here. It’s about quantity, not quality!